May 29, 2020 – Westchester County has entered the Governor’s Phase I of reopening as of Tuesday this week. Thank you for staying the course while we work together to manage the impact of coronavirus on our Kendal community. We are now at the point where we are looking toward our own version of “reopening”. Details of Hudson’s initial steps are provided here. We will reopen cautiously and slowly; we will evaluate our progress along the way and adjust, as necessary.
LAST WEEKEND, May 23rd, Resident Social Gatherings commenced allowing independent resident social gatherings of up to a maximum of 6 individuals. These gatherings must take place outdoors. Masks must be worn and 6 foot social distancing must be practiced. To help facilitate this, the Terrace has been marked off to indicate where six chairs can be safely placed in a grouping. Similarly, chairs have been placed in the grassy area between Robert Fulton and Alida. Please remember that many people would like to use these outdoor spaces and try to limit your time to 45 minutes so that all may have an opportunity to enjoy the fresh air.
Note: The Health Center neighborhoods (Clearwater, Adirondack & Sunnyside) are still under the directive of the NYS Department of Health restricting all outside visitors and congregate activity. As guidelines change in these areas, we will adjust accordingly.
VISITORS ALLOWED OUTSIDE
- Independent Resident visitors welcomed back to campus
- All visits outdoors; no visitors allowed in the building(s) for any reason
- Where possible, limit visitors to four at a time
- Terrace remains a resident safe zone; please, no visitors on the Terrace
- Visitors must wear masks and observe 6 foot social distancing
HOUSEKEEPING & MAINTENANCE
- Housekeeping cleaning and linen service will restart in Independent Living apartments
- Residents will receive a notice about this soon with details
- Residents may “opt out”
- Maintenance request response will return to normal process
- The coffee window will re-open daily from 8am to 10am at the Private Dining Room for “to-go” coffee; please do not stay to drink your coffee
WHAT SHOULD I DO TO KEEP THE RISK OF CORONAVIRUS LOW AT KENDAL?
• Stay in your own apartment as much as possible
• Enjoy the “outdoors” but not common areas of the building
• Leave campus only as needed and don’t get out of your car except for essential doctor’s appointments (note: “campus” is Kendal property, Rockwood Park, Sleepy Hollow Manor)
• Always wear your mask when outside of your apartment and keep a 6 foot social distance from others
• Limit outings to your mailbox and/or cubby (example: every two days)
• Honor the group limit of 6 residents in outdoor groups and 2 residents at elevator lobbies