What to Do Near Kendal on Hudson
The Hudson River Valley offers a rich mix of history, legend, present-day cultural activities, fascinating historic houses, churches, and gardens – all located along one of the world’s great rivers. Each nearby village conducts street fairs and park concerts; art groups and historic sites also hold many special events throughout the year.
For those who thrive on the pulse of the city, Kendal on Hudson is just 25 miles north of Manhattan. Grand Central Terminal is about 45 minutes away by commuter train!
Places to Visit
No need to go to the city to experience exceptional cuisine. The Hudson Valley towns cater to all tastes while treating you to small town quaintness and service.
- Lyndhurst Mansion (Jay Gould estate)
- Tarrytown Lighthouse
- Tarrytown Music Hall
- Rockwood Hall State Park
- Rockefeller State Park Preserve
- Farmers Market at Patriots Park
- Sleepy Hollow Cemetery
Blue Hill at Stone Barns
The “best” restaurant in Westchester County. The stone barns were part of the Rockefeller private farms. There is no menu. You are served 7-8 courses of the day. Reservations required far in advance but well worth the wait.
Featuring comfort food, barbeque and 18 beers on tap. A welcoming spot for lunch or dinner featuring views of the Hudson Gov. Mario M. Cuomo Bridge (formally the Tappen Zee bridge).
A 30-seat lovely place serving Mediterranean-style fare. Owned by two charming brothers, natives of Madeira, who may come and talk and play the guitar for you.
Sweet Grass Grill
Pleasant place for lunch with sidewalk tables. Emphasis on healthy foods, vegan dishes and the like.
A Chinese restaurant with a wide selection tending towards specialties from the Sichuan region including spicy hot preparations.
Equus Restaurant at Castle Hotel and Spa
Breathtaking ambiance, stunning interior design and award winning cuisine in this Tarrytown restaurant. A Zagat-rated winner of Five Stars by the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences, the creative Auberge-style French cuisine is based on locally sourced ingredients.
Places to Shop
Nothing beats the charm of a unique, small, independent shop in one of the historic towns of the Hudson Valley. But there are times you need a big box retailer. Sleepy Hollow offers the convenience to both of these shopping experiences.
- ONA – A fair trade art gallery and gift boutique in Tarrytown.
- Bella’s Boutique – Specializing in local artists and Sleepy Hollow souvenirs
- Pretty Funny Vintage Antiques & Curious Goods – Victorian home on the Broadway strip of Tarrytown, featuring exactly what you would expect, pretty, funny, vintage and curious goods.
- Bark & Meow – Carrying all your needs for your furry friend.
- The Westchester – Upscale shopping mall featuring Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Crate & Barrel, Tiffany & Co. and Apple