July 14, 2020 – The purpose of this post is to inform resident, staff, family members and visitors the communications policy established around positive cases of COVID-19 or COVID-19 related deaths in the community. If you have questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
POLICY: Kendal on Hudson’s policy is to provide and maintain clear and concise communications with our residents and their families, loved ones and guardians unable to visit during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Routine communication will be maintained with residents and resident representatives via letter and/or email regarding the facility’s efforts to prevent and mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
- The Kendal on Hudson website will be periodically updated with up-to-date information regarding the community’s experience with and infection control efforts surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. The KOH website will reference the following as a source of information for visitors to the website: https://coronavirus.health.ny.gov/home
For a Suspected or Confirmed Positive Case or Resident Death (resident, staff or other):
- When a specific resident is suspected or confirmed with COVID-19 via laboratory testing, the resident and resident’s representative will be notified on the same day.
- When the facility learns of a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19, or experiences a COVID-19 related death, communication will be provided to the residents and resident’s representatives within 24 hours, in accordance with Department of Health DAL C20-01.
- Communication regarding suspected or confirmed positive cases and/ or deaths will be made via letter, email list serv and/or by phone call as the situation warrants. Communication appropriate to each individual will be made (e.g. if someone does have access to email, a letter or call will be provided).
- Kendal on Hudson will suggest that residents, families loved ones, staff and guardians submit questions to the Department of Health via:
For Skilled Nursing: email@example.com
For Assisted Living: firstname.lastname@example.org
For Direct Communication between Residents & Families:
- Kendal on Hudson will support multiple platforms to ensure that residents are able to communicate with family members and friends and continue to have access to individuals outside of the Kendal on Hudson community as it is essential to the health and wellbeing of all residents.
- The Director of Recreation will be responsible for ensuring that the residents have and maintain the opportunity to have on-going contact with friends and family members. Platforms to facilitate this include utilizing Facetime, Skype or any other electronic platform, phone calls or window visits.
- Nursing and/or Social Services will update families of resident medical condition as warranted. Updates may be provided by phone call or email and will be at a frequency agreed upon by staff and resident representative.
- Compassionate Care visits for residents at end of life will be arranged by Nursing.