July 24, 2020
When it comes to choosing a Lifecare Community, you want to choose a location that will offer you everything you want while affording you access to care, support, engagement and connection. Now more than ever it’s important to find the right community to retire in, as this can make or break your retirement experience. But how do you know where is best? For many, this decision boils down to personal preference.
“While there are many seniors who know exactly what they want in a retirement location, there is a staggering amount of individuals who don’t,” says Pamela Klapproth, CEO at Kendal on Hudson, the only true Lifecare Community in Westchester County. “They may know that they want to live somewhere that has a lot to do, people to be near and a rich history, but they may not look too deeply into it. This can cause many to make the wrong choice about where to retire, as it doesn’t meet their need for fun, adventure and excitement outside of their community life.”
“At Kendal on Hudson, we have the perfect location for just about everyone,” she says. “Here they can enjoy an array of seasonal activities, social opportunities, history and more just outside their door. In fact, many of the residents state that our location is one of the best to retire to, and it’s easy to see why!”
Why Sleepy Hollow, NY Is One of the Best Places to Retire
- There is a multitude of art and culture surrounding you. From The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, to an array of colonial restorations, to a diverse group of residents, there’s always something to explore. Whether it’s a tour, walking group, museum or gallery, you can continue your pursuit of lifelong learning and enjoy each day of your retirement.
- It’s known to be very safe. According to the Daily Voice, Sleepy Hollow was ranked among the safest places to live in New York by Safe Choice Security. In fact, Sleepy Hollow is said to be safer than 81% of cities in the United States! Most recently, it was voted the second safest city to live in in New York.
- Fall brings more hustle and bustle than just leaves! As you can imagine, Halloween is a prime time for Sleepy Hollow! Those from all over come to enjoy tours of the Lyndhurst Castle, Washington Irving’s Sunnyside Estate, nighttime displays of the Great Jack O’Lantern Blaze and more!
- There are many recreational opportunities. With Rockefeller State Park Preserve, hiking trails, fishing and more, it’s easy to stay healthy and well while changing your scenery and forgoing a gym membership! Not only is it safe to go for a run, walk your pets or hike with friends, but it can boost your health, give you a chance to explore the area and soak in everything our location has to offer.
- There is a great mix of cuisine. According to ILoveNY.com, there is a rich mix of cuisines available. Whether you enjoy Italian, Greek and French food, prefer Mexican, Chinese or Chilean, Irish, Japanese, Thai or more, there’s something to meet every taste! Get adventurous with takeout and a picnic, relax with your friends and try something new or simply make your date night exciting with a taste of something different!
To learn more about Sleepy Hollow and how our location makes for one of the best retirement communities, contact the team at Kendal on Hudson. We would be happy to share more information! Contact us today at 914-922-1000.