August 24, 2020
Visitation for Sunnyside and Adirondack is currently on hold.
To facilitate limited Adult Care Facility (i.e. Assisted Living Residence) visitation considering the COVID-19 pandemic.
It is the policy of Kendal on Hudson’s Adult Care Facility, also known as the Adirondack and Sunnyside, to facilitate limited visitation for residents in accordance with guidance released by the New York State Department of Health and the facility’s Infection Control Program.
The currently approved policy allows for
- Visitors 18 years or older, or accompanied by an adult 18 years or older
- Outdoor visitation only, in a designated outdoor space(s)
- Pre-scheduled visitation Monday through Friday; 10am to 11:30am and 2pm to 4:30pm
- Thirty (30) minute visits, maximum
- No more than two simultaneous visits at any one time
- Two visitors, maximum, per resident
by individuals who comply with Kendal on Hudson standards for visitation:
- visitor(s) must arrive 10 minutes prior to their scheduled visit time
- visitors must have a face mask which covers both the nose and mouth
- visitors must satisfactorily meet screening criteria
This policy is in effect when
- The Mid-Hudson Region of NYS is, minimally, in Phase 3 of the State’s Re-Opening stages.
- The NYS Forward Safety Plan has been completed and submitted to the authority designated by NYS DOH.
- The facility complied with staff testing requirements, including the furlough of staff having tested positive COVID-19 and the facility has no staffing shortages.
- All the consenting in-house ACF residents have undergone diagnostic COVID-19 testing and the most recently submitted daily HERDS report indicates no new confirmed staff or resident cases in the last twenty-eight (28) days.
- The facility has undergone an Infection Control survey on or after May 1, 2020 by the Department and was found to be in substantial compliance.
- The facility is in full compliance with all reporting requirements associated with COVID-19 response including but not limited to the HERDS and staff testing surveys and is compliant with all applicable guidance.
- The facility is in full compliance with all applicable state regulations, Executive Orders and state guidance related to the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency.
If the facility is not in compliance with one or more of the criteria listed above, visitation will be placed on pause until compliance is reached.
Residents who are on isolation precautions and/or who are quarantined according to DOH guidelines or the Kendal on Hudson Infection Control Program protocols, may be excluded from participation in this visitation program. For these individuals, participation is at the discretion of Administration.
In accordance with Department of Health directive, the formalized visitation plan is posted to Kendal on Hudson’s public website. Similarly, when visitation is paused due to the inability to meet one of the criteria listed above, the Kendal on Hudson website will be updated to reflect this accordingly.
- Friends or family of Adirondack or Sunnyside residents interested in visiting should call the Recreation Department at 914-922-1041. At the time of visit confirmation, the visitor(s) will be reminded of visitor expectations and requirements. Visits must be scheduled two business days in advance.
- Visit Ambassadors will be assigned to greet visitors at the Kendal main entrance, ensure that COVID-19 screening has been completed and that the visitor(s) have donned Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the visit. A fact sheet outlining visitor expectations, including appropriate hand hygiene and face coverings, will be provided upon initial screening to all visitors.
- The Visit Ambassador will ensure that visitors’ information is noted in the Clearwater Visitation Log. Information will include
- the date and time of the visit
- first and last name of the visitor
- street address of the visitor
- daytime and evening telephone number
- email address, if applicable
- affirmation that the visitor cleared the screening requirements
- Upon completion of Procedural Points #1 and #2, the Visitor Ambassador will escort the visitor(s) outside of the building to the Adirondack Visiting Tents or to the Sunnyside Garden.
- The resident will be escorted to the meeting place. Visits will be monitored by Visit Ambassadors or other designated staff to ensure that all parties adhere to infection control practices, including use of masks covering nose and mouth (if medically tolerated) and social distancing.
Sanitation wipes for surfaces and alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available during the visit.
- At the conclusion of the visit the Visit Ambassador will ensure that the resident is escorted back to his/her apartment. The Visitor Ambassador will escort the visitor(s) to the exit and ensure that the visiting space is sanitized before the next scheduled visit.