Kendal on Hudson is a Life Plan Community (formerly called CCRC-continuing care retirement community). The 25-acre campus offers three levels of service in a vibrant and actively social environment.
Residence and Care Agreement Options Offer Flexibility
Kendal on Hudson offers a choice of agreements. Each provides residents with housing, residential services and amenities, and a comprehensive package of health care services including personal care services (assistance with activities of daily living) and long term care.
The Residence and Care Agreement for Lifecare provides personal care services and long term care for life at the same monthly fee paid in the independent apartment. Residents enter into this agreement and pay a one time entry fee and ongoing monthly fees, maintaining required medical insurances. They have the satisfaction and comfort that comes with a contract that provides comprehensive coverage of housing, services, and health care for the rest of their lives.
For those with Long-Term Care Insurance, the Residence and Care Agreement for Modified Continuing Care can be offered. It will provide these services for life but allows an applicant to receive a discount on the entry fee by choosing a 1, 3 or 5 year period in which to pay the per diem rate for long term care, should it be needed, and self-insure using the long-term care policy.
Residents pay a one-time entry fee, each with a 0%, 50% or 90% refund-ability – this amount is based on the size and location of the apartment.
Residents are required to have Medical and Medicap insurances in place. Typically Medicare A and B or equivalent coverage, and a Medigap Plan that meets the requirements of New York State for continuing care retirement communities.
If or when needs change, higher levels of care are available at Kendal. You’ll never have to depend on family or an adult child to care for you should your health decline.
Residential services and amenities covered by the entry and monthly fees include:
- All utilities except telephone, TV and internet (available for additional fee)
- Security and maintenance of all buildings and grounds
- Area pickup of trash and recycling
- Housekeeping and linen service
- Choice of Flexible Meal Plans
- Scheduled local transportation to train, shopping, trips
- Community center with dining rooms, lounges, library, recreational facilities, classrooms, art studio, hair salon, computer laboratory, wellness center, including indoor swimming pool and fitness center
Services available at additional cost include additional meals, nonscheduled transportation, covered parking, and personal services such as hair salon, dry cleaning and newspaper delivery.
Kendal On Hudson Admission Process
Kendal on Hudson is accepting applications from those who are interested in being placed on the Interest List to be considered for future admission. Kendal on Hudson is designed for adults 65 years or older who are able to live safely in a residential setting. (However, for those who need services immediately, we are currently offering direct admission to our Health Center.
Kendal considers and admits residents without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you are interested in applying, please call our Marketing Department at 866-358-5802.
The Interest List Process
People who are interested in entering Kendal on Hudson in the future may secure a place on the Interest List by completing an Interest List Reservation Agreement and submitting a refundable Interest List Reservation Fee of $2,000 plus a non refundable $250 Application Fee. Names will be placed on the Interest List in the order the Fee and Agreement are received.
Admission to the Community
The Interest List Reservation Fee is placed in an escrow account. Upon written request, the Interest List Fee will be refunded in full, along with accrued interest. The $250 Application Fee is not refundable.
The Interest List Reservation Fee does not guarantee admission to the community; applicants must meet the admissions requirements. Members of the Interest List will receive a sample copy of the Residence and Care Agreement, a Disclosure Statement, and a current fee schedule.
Applicants who would like to be considered for residency in the near future and be placed on our “Ready List” will need to submit all admission forms. The Ready List is for people who if and when an apartment is available, will be ready to settle on an apartment within sixty days from when it is offered. Applicants must be medically and financially pre-approved in order to have their names placed on the Ready List. When an apartment becomes available, updated medical and financial information must be submitted for final approval.
Admission forms consist of a financial statement and medical documents that are reviewed for preapproval. Approval is given only at the time an apartment is accepted and final medical approval is granted by our medical director.
Please note (This statement is a New York State requirement.):
- The preceding description is for information purposes only and does not constitute an agreement. The Interest List Reservation Agreement and Residence and Care Agreement will give further details of our admissions policies and procedures. These procedures are subject to change and applicants will be notified of any changes.
- The cancelable interest list reservation agreement is not a continuing care contract and may be canceled by the prospective resident or the prospective resident’s legal representative at any time, without cause.
- Any interest list reservation fee paid shall be deposited directly into an escrow account and shall be refunded with interest earned at the prevailing rate upon request and cancellation of the agreement by the prospective resident or the prospective resident’s legal representative. The application fee is not refundable.