March 18, 2020 —
When seniors move to a Lifecare Community, they are able to throw away the hassles of homeownership, frustrations of everyday life and everything that holds them back from experiencing their full potential. Instead of spending time dealing with trivial things, they can instead explore their passions, embrace each day and live it to the fullest while enjoying the lifestyle they desire and deserve.
“Lifecare Communities allow seniors to become truly carefree,” says Cathleen McGaffigan, Director of Sales and Marketing at Kendal on Hudson, the only true Lifecare community in Westchester County. “Here, they can not only enjoy the peace of mind of knowing we can meet all their health needs in the community they know and love, but that we also offer a variety of services and amenities to enhance their daily life. From maintenance and housekeeping, delicious meals and engaging programming, it’s hard not to focus on living the life you love and exploring all there is to see and do.”
Uncover Your Full Potential at Kendal on Hudson
Every day we help our residents live their best lives. From providing opportunities to enhance health, continue their educational pursuits, socialize and so much more, residents can enjoy a lifestyle where they can be who they are, whoever they want that person to be.
- Focus on healthy aging and wellness. At Kendal on Hudson, residents are encouraged to live a healthy lifestyle; we simply provide everything they need to do so. From our professionally staffed fitness center with state-of-the-art exercise equipment, indoor heated pool, and a personalized exercise prescription, residents can focus on what their goals and interests are. Want to exercise and have fun? Residents can participate in a variety of classes based on their interests. From tai chi, yoga, Pilates and so much more, residents can meet their goals and achieve their full potential.
- Enhance your knowledge with lifelong learning. Although residents are retired, it does not mean there are no more opportunities for growth. Here, there are plenty of ways to enjoy something new and continue your journey of learning. Try a new art class, consider playing a musical instrument, go on a nature walk, learn a new skill or expand on an old hobby. The possibilities are endless, and you can define each day based on your interests and passions. You never know what you’ll find!
- Enjoy endless social opportunities. No two people are the same at Kendal on Hudson; however, that doesn’t mean you won’t find others who share the same passions, interests and experiences that you have. Here, we even make it easy to find a new group of friends to associate with. Offering an array of social events, lectures, parties, outings and more, it is simple to stay engaged and expand your horizons.
- Participate in a variety of resident-driven activities. With over 30 resident committees, residents determine what activities and programs they’d like to enjoy. From education and horticulture, to resident-planned trips, advocacy and more, they can direct how they’ll live each day. Attend a show planned by the committee. Share your skills by starting your own club. Enjoy a new guest speaker you’ve invited. The choices are all yours.
- Explore new places and grow beyond your everyday life. Want to enjoy a new community where you can meet even more new people and enjoy other new experiences? Simply sign up for our home swap program, which allows you to temporarily swap living arrangements. Enjoy a new area outside of your comfort zone, see what other areas have to offer you and reach your full potential by trying something out of the ordinary.
Together, Transforming the Experience of Aging.®
Founded on Quaker principles and guided by our values and practices, Kendal® on Hudson provides a vibrant, active and social senior lifestyle on our 25-acre campus next to the historic Hudson River. As the only Lifecare community in Westchester County, we offer four levels of service for our residents: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support and Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Services.
Kendal on Hudson is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization led by a volunteer Board of Directors. Kendal on Hudson is an affiliate of The Kendal Corporation, a system of communities and services for older people based in Kennett Square, PA. We support diversity, inclusiveness, and independence and support the values and practices of Kendal by remaining focused on healthy aging. Located in Sleepy Hollow, New York, just 35 miles from New York City, we offer a vibrant lifestyle, cultural programs, continued learning and health care for life.
For more information, please call 866-358-5802.