August 10, 2020 —
When planning for retirement, many people want to simply enjoy life, live it well and enhance their health to have the best lives and retirement possible. At a Lifecare Retirement Community such as Kendal® on Hudson, we make that possible.
“We provide everything older adults need for an enriching lifestyle, including some things they may not think about,” says Jean Eccleston, Chief Financial Officer at Kendal on Hudson, the only true Lifecare community in Westchester County. “From an array of programs and activities in a prime location, proximity to medical care, a plan for the future and more, our residents enjoy peace of mind, an exciting lifestyle and the retirement they’ve always dreamed of.”
Planning for Your Retirement
According to an article by Harvard Health Publishing at Harvard Medical School, selecting a community with your future needs in mind is a good idea. In fact, the article states that we often look at retirement for the fun, exciting opportunities and rarely the care, but it’s time to change that mindset so you can live out your retirement free from stress and full of peace of mind. After all, without proper health, it’s hard to enjoy your golden years.
Planning for retirement and choosing a community where health is of the utmost importance can be a challenge. Consider “The Five M’s.”
- Mind. Being intellectually active, according to the article, is crucial for a healthy retirement. At Kendal on Hudson there are multiple opportunities for growth and lifelong learning. With 30 resident committees, including education, horticulture, trips and art, there’s something to stimulate everyone’s mind.
- Move. Is there transportation to and from shopping centers, cultural events and doctors? Do you have to have your own car? Here, scheduled transportation is provided so you can go wherever you desire. Even better, we will take you to the Metro North commuter rail, which has service to Grand Central Station in New York City.
- Mingle. Social connection is a must. At Kendal on Hudson, there are many ways to connect and mingle with others. You can also have friends and family spend the night, visit other communities with the Residence Swap program and more.
- Meaning. The article states that your purpose and meaning can contribute to mental wellness. What matters most to you? Spending more time with family? Volunteering? Here, you can have it all.
- Multi Complexity. Older adults face a range of health challenges as they age. Is the community set up for them? If they can adequately manage health care, it’s likely a good place to be.
Essentially, this means looking at the communities you are touring and considering how they can enhance your retirement while providing things that are essential as you age. According to the article, this can include things like medical services, transportation, housing options, recreational and volunteer opportunities and private-duty services.
At Kendal on Hudson, we provide all this and more to ensure we provide the optimal retirement community. We can help you plan your own lifetime of health and wellness tailored to your wants and needs. Talk to a member of our team to see how we can create the retirement of your dreams. To visit Kendal on Hudson or to see our apartments for yourself, contact us today by calling 914-922-1000.
Together, Transforming the Experience of Aging.®
Founded on Quaker principles and guided by our values and practices, Kendal® on Hudson provides a vibrant, active and social senior lifestyle on our 25-acre campus next to the historic Hudson River. As the only Lifecare community in Westchester County, we offer four levels of service for our residents: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support and Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Services.
Kendal on Hudson is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization led by a volunteer Board of Directors. Kendal on Hudson is an affiliate of The Kendal Corporation, a system of communities and services for older people based in Kennett Square, PA. We support diversity, inclusiveness, and independence and support the values and practices of Kendal by remaining focused on healthy aging. Located in Sleepy Hollow, New York, just 35 miles from New York City, we offer a vibrant lifestyle, cultural programs, continued learning and health care for life.
For more information, please call 914-922-1000.