August 10, 2020 —
As older adults plan to rightsize to a senior living community, the life-enriching amenities they can experience is often at the forefront of their minds. From educational experiences to concierge services and amenities, older adults expect to enjoy a lifestyle of ease and convenience. At leading seniors living communities like Kendal on Hudson®, we deliver on this expectation.
“Life at Kendal on Hudson is filled with services and amenities that make life more enjoyable and carefree for older adults,” says Monique Edwards of Kendal on Hudson, the only true Lifecare Community in Westchester County. “This allows them to focus more on the things they love to do, whether it’s enhancing their education and volunteering or taking up a new hobby and traveling. Life here is focused around what you want to do and less of what you don’t, enriching your days and giving you freedom.”
What to Look for When Searching for Senior Living: Life-Enriching Amenities
When you are looking for a senior living community, consider looking for some of these life-enriching amenities to make your days easier and more enjoyable.
- Utilities included in one monthly fee. Many residential services and amenities are covered by monthly and entry fees, not to mention comprehensive coverage of housing and health care. This can offer peace of mind and ease your financial planning.
- Security and maintenance of building and grounds. Not only does this ensure that both you and your belongings are safe, but you never have to think about hiring someone to keep up with maintaining and updating your house. It’s all done for you and all included.
- Housekeeping and linen service. Don’t spend time cleaning or picking up your home. Those days are long behind you at Kendal on Hudson. Instead, spend time doing the things you want to do.
- Flexible and delicious dining. Simply choose when and where you’d like to eat, and rest assured you are getting the finest in dining experiences. We focus on the latest culinary trends and cater to your preferences and desires, so you simply enjoy dining and get a taste of the finest things.
- Scheduled transportation. If you want to go to town, enjoy a new restaurant or go shopping, let us take you there. Scheduled transportation is available to take you where you want to go. There’s also a train available to take you on a day trip to New York City. It’s all about what you want to do.
- Health and wellness programs. From extensive recreational and wellness facilities to an indoor swimming pool and fitness center, older adults can enjoy focusing on their health and trying new exercise programs.
- Add-on services. Although they may be an additional cost, services may also be offered to give older adults additional convenience. At Kendal on Hudson, some of these include additional meals, nonscheduled transportation, covered parking and a hair salon, dry cleaning and newspaper delivery.
Be sure to ask what other services and amenities the senior living community has and compare it to your top choice. It’s important that the community you choose has everything you want and more. For more information about our life-enriching amenities at Kendal on Hudson, please contact us at 914-922-1000.
Together, Transforming the Experience of Aging®.
Founded on Quaker principles and guided by our values and practices, Kendal on Hudson provides a vibrant, active and social senior lifestyle on our 25-acre campus next to the historic Hudson River. As the only Lifecare community in Westchester County, we offer four levels of service for our residents: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support and Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Services.
Kendal on Hudson is a not for profit 501 (c) (3) organization led by a volunteer Board of Directors. Kendal on Hudson is an affiliate of The Kendal Corporation, a system of communities and services for older people based in Kennett Square, PA. We support diversity, inclusiveness, and independence and support the values and practices of Kendal by remaining focused on healthy aging. Located in Sleepy Hollow, New York, just 35 miles from New York City, we offer a vibrant lifestyle, cultural programs, continued learning and health care for life.
For more information, please call 914-922-1000.