August 10, 2020 —
Older adults want to experience a lifestyle of ease and convenience, full of excitement and opportunities for continued learning. The key to enjoying this type of lifestyle is remaining healthy, engaged and happy. Fortunately, there are plenty of ways to do just that, thanks to a rising interest in healthy aging.
“Older adults are much more focused now on living a healthy and happy lifestyle. They want to experience everything life has to offer and continue their passions, expand their hobbies and contribute fully to the communities they are in. At Kendal on Hudson, we recognize this and strive to transform the experience of aging to ensure they experience that,” says Monique Edwards of Kendal on Hudson, the only true Lifecare community in Westchester County. “When residents arrive, we outline the many resources available to residents while helping them to establish their own personal health and wellness plans targeted to meet their desires and needs.”
A Guide to Increasing Wellness and Happiness
Lifecare at Kendal on Hudson offers an array of programs, services and amenities to give older adults the tools to live a healthy and happy lifestyle. These include:
- A professionally staffed fitness center. When you arrive, you can meet with our team and fitness coordinator. They are here to assist you, lead classes and instruct on proper use of machines, we are your resource for improved wellness and happiness.
- Opportunities to improve strength, stamina and flexibility. Whether you decide to go for a swim in our 50-foot pool, work out in our fully equipped fitness center or try a class you’ve always wanted to participate in, you can enhance any area or meet any goal you choose.
- Personalized exercise prescriptions. Our team is here to help you personalize your exercise routines and classes to ensure you meet the goals you’ve set for yourself. Let us give you an assessment and create the plan that best fits your needs and desires.
- A variety of classes. Tai chi, yoga, Pilates, stretch and balancing, and more, there are a multitude of exercise classes offered each day. Try something new, brush up on your old favorites or even mix it up, it’s all here for you to take advantage of.
- Therapeutic options. If needed, we also offer out-patient physical therapy within the therapy center.
Wellness at Kendal® on Hudson is more than just exercise, however. It’s also the experiences, freedom to pick up and explore and so much more. Each day, our residents increase their happiness through new opportunities, volunteering, engaging with others and participating in lifelong learning. It’s all waiting here for you to take advantage of! Increase your happiness, enjoy our services and amenities, and discover a lifestyle where you can have everything you’re accustomed to and so much more! Experience it for yourself. Contact us today to learn more at 914-922-1000.
Together, Transforming the Experience of Aging®.
Founded on Quaker principles and guided by our values and practices, Kendal on Hudson provides a vibrant, active and social senior lifestyle on our 25-acre campus next to the historic Hudson River. As the only Lifecare community in Westchester County, we offer four levels of service for our residents: Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Support and Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Services.
Kendal on Hudson is a not for profit 501 (c) (3) organization led by a volunteer Board of Directors. Kendal on Hudson is an affiliate of The Kendal Corporation, a system of communities and services for older people based in Kennett Square, PA. We support diversity, inclusiveness, and independence and support the values and practices of Kendal by remaining focused on healthy aging. Located in Sleepy Hollow, New York, just 35 miles from New York City, we offer a vibrant lifestyle, cultural programs, continued learning and health care for life.
For more information, please call 914-922-1000.